Musicians: gain new Followers on Instagram with Story Templates
Used by more than 500 million users, Instagram is one of the most effective channels to promote music and build your online community. It is also known for having a higher rate of engagement than other social media platforms. Since Instagram is one of the most amongst various social media platforms, it is an excellent opportunity to attract more followers through story posts. Find below tips for marketing your music on Instagram story. Mojo provides you with stunning instagram story templates for content creators.
Instagram Stories for Musicians
Musicians are using Instagram Stories to promote their music. However, if you are doing it wrong you might be wasting your time. Instagram is not only about posting your music you should engage with your audience by talking at them instead of talking to them. Thus Instagram Stories are about communicating and engaging with your audience through videos and images. To be successful you need to keep that in mind in drafting your strategies.
Instagram Stories are an excellent way to engage with your audience through features like polls, quizzes or questions to acquire constructive feedback from your audience. The objective is to build a relationship with your audience by creating engagement. Mojo also offers amazing instagram story templates for podcast creators.
What content to post on Instagram Stories?
To increase your followers you should post incredible content on Instagram. It is part of your promotional strategies for your music. Here are some ideas to post on Instagram stories:
- Short relevant videos of you and your band performing a song
- Tutorial videos to show some techniques to your fans
- Videos on your favourite song and share to your audience why you love that song
- Videos of your live and ask your audience if they attended it
- Make monthly Answer and questions stories posts
- Videos of your equipments, backstage and rehearsals
- Post selfies with fans
- Tell your story: what are your preferences, favorite food and so on. Your followers want to know you.
- A newfound inspiration
When to Post on Instagram as a Musician?
It is very important to know how much to post and when to post for more engagement. For Instagram you should post more frequently than other social networks. Firstly, you have to identify your audience segments. If you are targeting youngsters, you should post your video for example in the morning and later in the afternoon. You can also analyse your posts high-engagement times through your Instagram analytics.
Now that you know what to post to Instagram and when to post, we will now look at the tips and tricks for growing your followings on Instagram through Mojo App story Templates.
How to create engaging Instagram Story Templates for Music Artists ?
Find ready-made templates on ‘music and audio’ categories. You will have various design templates made by Mojo App to promote soundtracks, live, album and podcasts. They are so easy to use with its drag and drop feature for quick designs.
Here are the steps to customise ready-made Mojo music templates:
- Step 1: Choose your template according to the theme you want to post or simply create your own template.
- Step 2: Add your picture or video with just one click
- Step 3: Change the text. Remember to keep it simple and short.
- Step 4: Mojo App allows you to have full control on the text colour, background, timings, etc. you just need to click on the ‘brush’ button and click on the various options available. Be creative with graphics; it will give life to your Story.
- Step 5: You can add a new page after your template and add other links so that your audience can know where to contact you on other platforms.
- Step 6: Add your own music to attract followers.
- Step 7: Preview your post by clicking on the ‘eye’ button and once ready click on ‘save’ and post your story directly from the app.
Our app also provide you with high-quality instagram story templates for lifestyle.
Creating your own template
However, to create your own template, you just need to go on ‘create from scratch’ and click on ‘story’ to start making your template. Click on the brush button and click on ‘layout’ to choose your layout depending on the number of photos you want to add.
Add your video or photo and it is time to decorate your template with background colours, timelines and music. You may add your own music from Spotify.
Then click on the ‘Plus’ button, to add your text. You can choose from different text animated styles:
- Add your Instagram username
- Add dynamic texts
- Special effects can be found on ‘Repeat’ and ‘special’ option
Adjust your text’s color, fonts, size, timing and size. Add graphics such as stickers, GIFs and logos if needed.
You can save your draft to be used later. The best instagram story templates for influencers are available on Mojo.
Tips to make a good photo
A good photo is like a good song. Just as your song revolves around one specific theme, so should your picture. You do not need to hire a photographer to make appealing pictures of yourself. Just take a picture of you with your instrument, your band and anything related to music and it is done. Avoid too many details in the background, the focus should be on you.
Use of Hashtags
The use of Hashtags is important on Instagram. It allows you to have visibility with the use of keywords. You are being encouraged to use hashtags but its overuse can report you as spam. The easiest way will be to look at what others are using, however, find below some examples of hashtags that you can use.
- General Hashtags like #newpost #music, #video, #song.
- Genre-specific tags like #rock, #guitar, #punk, #aesthetic, and so on;
- Other music-related specific hashtags like #event, #live, #entertainment
- Your own branded hashtag like your studio name, your group name
Since stories have a limited duration, you can choose to save your stories on highlights. In doing so, you can keep your story longer. Strategically, you can create Highlights for questions and answer stories.
Once you reach 10,000 followers, you can now benefit from the ‘Swipe up’ features, whereby you can add a link to your stories that will direct your audiences to your website, YouTube channel and so on.