How to find trending sounds for your Instagram Reels
Sign up for Mojo Teams and start creating professional content for all your business needs
How do the top Instagram Creators already know what sounds are trending on the app? After all, wouldn't you need to see thousands of Reels with the same audio to know that it's trending?
If you want to stay ahead of the curve and get your Reels in front of a wider audience, let's talk about Instagram trending audio. In this post, we'll give you some step-by-steps about how to find trending sounds for IG Reels.
Where to find trending audio for Instagram Reels
There are several ways to search for trending audio on Instagram. Here are a few different instructions about how to find the most popular Reels tracks, depending on where you start.
From the Reels Feed
If you find yourself immersed in the Reels explore page, you may be able to find trending Reels audio based on what you see in the Feed.
- Scroll through IG Reels. As you swipe past each post, locate the audio track used in the bottom left corner of the screen. Some audio tracks have a music note. Trending audio tracks have an upward arrow.
- Find the Reels that have an upward arrow next to the audio. Click to learn more about the trending sound. You can see how many Reels have already used this track.
- Save the audio for later, send to a friend or use right away. Click the corresponding icons. If you decide to use the audio right away, you'll be prompted to record your Reels.
From the Instagram Creators page
The IG @creators page is an exceptionally valuable resource, especially if you're trying to grow your social media audience! They even share posts about what audio is trending on Instagram that week.
Make sure to follow their page and get instant updates so you can discover trending sounds as they're gaining popularity. You'll likely get tons of other tips about how to boost your Instagram Reels, too!
If you are already spending time on TikTok, then you might as well check out the trending sounds on there!
Some TikTok and Instagram audio trends coincide, and you may be one step ahead if you pay attention on both apps. There are multiple ways to access trending audio:
- Option A: Tap the search icon in the top right corner. Conduct a manual search using the keyword "viral sounds," "trending audio" or something similar.
- Option B: Click the "+" icon as if you were about to create a new video. Tap the "add sound" button. Within the Sounds tab, scroll down until you see a flame icon that says "TiKTok viral." You'll get a list of the top audio tracks for your videos. Score!
Then, of course, hop back to Instagram, find those songs and create your Reels.
From top Instagram accounts
Aside from following Instagram's Creators page, you can also follow other pages to stay up to date with trending Instagram sounds. We suggest following these pages since they will likely be playing popular tracks. Or, the fact that these accounts decide to use certain tracks may just make these sounds go viral.
- @kyliejenner: She has a huge reach on social media, so chances are, if she's using a certain trending sound for Reels, it'll go big.
- @reelstips: As the name suggests, you'll find tons of helpful information to create engaging Reels - including what audio to use in your Reels!
- @donte.colley: A dancer who creates content that undoubtedly will need some trendy songs in the background...
- @oumi_janta: A skater who records Reels of herself with sounds and songs, which no doubt may become trending music on Instagram!
Other great accounts to follow would be anything pertaining to Instagram marketing, how to make Reels and music-loving Creators.
Trending IG audio FAQs
It's great that you want to stay on the pulse of the latest audio trends for Instagram Reels. Here are a few more FAQs that can help. If you want more information about how to grow your Instagram account using Reels, click here!
Where else can I find trending Instagram Reels songs?
Get creative when searching for trending Instagram audio. Here is a brain-dump to help you out:
- Check the Billboard Top 100.
- Follow Instagram hashtags that your audience follows.
- See what big companies are doing in their Reels.
- Observe what your competitors choose for audio.
- Click on Reels that show up in your Explore page.
- Indulge in some pop culture.
- Like and follow celebrity and influencer accounts.
Instead of manually diving into all the suggestions above, try to automate what comes your way by setting up your socials to follow the right accounts.
Which songs are trending right now in Instagram?
To find the most popular Reels audio, you'll have to be active on the app. Just like any trend on Instagram Reels, popular audio can come and go within the day!
We recommend taking a few minutes each day or each week to find trending audio within your Instagram Reels Feed. And once you find trending songs, be ready to act fast. You'll need to ride the momentum of this trending song, and make your Reels in minutes.
Luckily, you can create awesome Reels quickly in the Mojo app! Just customize one of 500+ premade templates, drag-and-drop your media, choose a trending song, and you're done!
What music is trending on Reels 2022?
Keep in mind that trending songs on Reels aren't necessarily new songs on the radio. Oftentimes, all of a sudden, older songs and sounds can become trendy.
Here's an informal, quick tip to gauge what music is trending right now: If you flip quickly through your Reels page (not watching the Reels), and you see the same audio used within 30 seconds, pay attention.
Act quickly, and jump on the latest Instagram Reels trends to increase exposure and engagement. Even if you don't hit the nail on the head with the most popular Instagram sounds, it's always a good idea to create new content for your page. Start making video magic in the Mojo app!
Looking to upgrade your social content? Subscribe to Mojo Pro today and get started!