Top Instagram Reels trends you need to try this week
Sign up for Mojo Teams and start creating professional content for all your business needs
If you need some effective Reels content for this month, you're in luck! In this article, we've created a roundup of the latest Instagram Reels trends that you need to try. These popular Reels take advantage of what users crave to see right now.
We'll talk about 5 trending Reels ideas and how you can create them in minutes (with the Mojo video creation app). And we can't stress this enough: Jump on these Instagram trends ASAP. The time is now to post Reels videos and ride a wave of high user engagement.
What's trending on Instagram Reels right now
Our team keeps an eye out for which popular Reels trends are gaining traction on the platform. We'll go over what they are and what you need to do to (hopefully) go viral on Instagram Reels!
PS: Don't forget to boost engagement potential on your Instagram Reels by optimizing when you post Reels and which hashtags you use.
If you want more insight into engaging Instagram content that you can post any time of the year, check out this list of popular Instagram trends of 2022.
Reels trend #1 - Short weekend recap
What is the "short weekend recap" trend on Instagram Reels? In these videos, you'll see short clips of the weekend's highlights. Some Reels are even as short as 6 seconds!
If you had a spectacularly fun weekend, you may have tons of footage that will wow your audience. Showcase a weekend getaway with breathtaking landscapes and awe-inspiring discoveries.
But, what if you don't have anything exciting planned? No need to go out of your way just to post something! Here are some casual weekend ideas that you can use for your short weekend recap Reels trend:
- Sipping on a divine hot beverage on a chilly fall morning
- Family time (great for getting to know the people behind your brand)
- How late you slept in or stayed up
- Working overtime to fill orders - because you're hella popular
- Finding beauty in nature around you
- Fun night out at a local bar
- Self care routine
As you can see, these ideas are nothing extraordinary. However, with the momentum that the short weekend recap trend is getting, you may just get picked up by the Instagram algorithm anyway.
Reels trend #2 - Bound to fall in love
What is the "bound to fall in love" Instagram Reels trend? In these videos, you'll hear Reels song audio from Kanye West's "Bound 2" where it says "bound to fall in love."
Many Instagram users accompany this audio with reasons why they fell in love with their partner, but you could get more creative than that!
Whether you want to showcase your significant other, bestie, baby, fur baby or a thing you can't live without, add a little sparkle with these Reels ideas:
- Matching or complementing outfits
- Ying and yang synergy
- Products that your customers are bound to love
- Mouthwatering meals
- Bonded pet pairs
- Wedding photos
- New hairdo or nails
- You learning to fall in love with yourself
- Things you love about fall
- Adoption story
- A transformation that you or your clients went through
You can get as sentimental or as humorous as you want in these Instagram Reels! As a brand that sells products or services, we suggest that you focus on what your customers are bound to fall in love with.
Want more popular Instagram songs to add to your videos? Check out this article about what songs are popular on Instagram.
Reels trend #3 - Peaceful esthetics
What is the "peaceful esthetics" trend on Instagram Reels? In these videos, you'll see a variety of esthetically pleasing scenes and scenarios. Many videos tend to use stimulating, yet peaceful audio such as "A Gentle Sunlight" by James Quinn.
To go viral on Instagram Reels with this, here are some ideas to try:
- Show off your tranquil office or shop
- Create an exercise or mini-session that can bring peace to your followers
- Pair peaceful music with a profound story or hardship
- Walk viewers through a process
- Enjoy the moment, doing nothing
- Take in spectacular views in remote locations
You have so much flexibility with this trend. Use it to bring calm to others or to show how you find peace in your current situation. Either way, other Instagram users may find solace in what you share.
Reels trend #4 - Sounds for cozy moments
What is the "cozy moments" Instagram Reels trend? In these videos, you'll see the perfect combination of visual and auditory coziness. Find a delightful blues track or piano melody, and pair it with a cozy place, outfit or snuggle. Here are some more trending Reels ideas for you:
- Show just how cozy your brand's socks can be
- Host a fireside chat with friends
- Take footage of gorgeous fall colors around you
- Sit with a warm fall drink (thanks Starbucks)
- Get cuddly with your kids or pets
- Share your favorite fall reads
- Bring back the oversized knit blankets and sweaters
- Indulge in a hobby
- Make some delicious comfort food
Stay straightforward with come cozy footage and cozy audio. Or, if you want your Instagram Reel to get noticed, the juxtaposition of cozy audio with a chaotic scene may do the trick! Cue those hectic early mornings before school...
Reels trend #5 - Travel recap
What is the "travel recap" Instagram Reels trend? In these videos, you'll see brief highlights of someone's trip. This is a similar Reels trend to the "short weekend recap" that we mentioned above. This month, whenever you take a trip - even if it's local - take footage that you can use in your next Instagram Reel.
If you're a local business that is tailored to tourists, this travel recap trend would be perfect for you! Along with this trend, check out these 10 proven Reels ideas that can help your local business grow!
Even though Reels that show exotic places is interesting, your hometown may be "exotic" to someone else. So you don't necessarily have to go far!
If you're really hoping to make a viral Reel with this one, we've got great ideas that may really take your video to the next level:
- Add a listicle of "top places to visit" in the country
- Highlight the city's best nightlife spots
- Show where you can go to avoid touristy attractions
- Befriend a local, and have them show you around
- Pack your Reel with diverse footage of both chill and exhilarating activities
- Give tips for travelers to your location
- Reveal how you styled your outfits with minimal suitcase space
- Get real about attractions that were worth it (or not)
The typical travel recap Instagram Reel will basically be a time-lapse of the trip. While this can be engaging, you may want to consider other ways to stand out and get noticed by your audience.
When you create Instagram Reels about travel, always bring it back to what followers want to know about where you were.
Create trendy Instagram Reels in minutes
Get excited to create these trending Instagram Reels! Luckily, it's super easy to create eye-catching videos in the Mojo app. Plus, with 400+ premade templates, you can instantly upload your content into a stunning template, and be done with it!
And, if our templates are not 100% what you want, you can add your brand colors, fonts and logo. It's quick and easy to customize all future Reels too with our in-app branding guide. Not to mention, you can generate auto captions and cool effects that keep your content fresh. Play around in Mojo to see for yourself!
Looking to upgrade your social content? Subscribe to Mojo Pro today and get started!