How to make your Instagram Feed look amazing to your followers
Sign up for Mojo Teams and start creating professional content for all your business needs
Just like your website or storefront, the vibe of your Instagram Feed (and grid) speaks volumes to customers.
What would you think if you walked into a place of business that was cluttered and all over the place? Would you stay on a website that was random and hard to navigate?
But… What if you entered a store that had a clear and uniform aesthetic from every angle? From the entrance to the bathroom, you had a “branded experience.”
In this post, we’ll help you achieve the latter. We’ll tell you how to create a personal aesthetic for your Instagram Feed that is on-brand all the time.
And at the end of the article, we’ve got 4 steps to clean up your Instagram Feed ASAP.
What it takes to make a show-stopping Instagram Feed
Think about the Instagram profiles that wow you. What do they have that makes them stand out?
To create a personal aesthetic for your Instagram Feed, your account needs these things:
- Visuals that “speak” to your audience
- Uniform colors, styles, fonts and designs
- Posting guidelines and content clouds
- Big picture planning
Let’s break these down into more detail. You’ll learn exactly how to create the look and feel you want for your creative story!
Visuals that “speak” to your audience
Just like your marketing needs to speak to your target audience, your visuals should too. Make sure to balance what you want your brand to look like with what works for your followers.
For example: If you’re a master coach for #ladybosses, what visuals would speak to them? Think about who they are. They’re bold, vibrant, confident (or if they’re not, they want to be). Your posts should reflect that.
It’s amazing what simple color choices can do for the engagement on your posts!
Uniform colors, styles, fonts and designs
When someone sees one of your posts, it should wow them. When they hop over to your profile, your entire grid should follow the same theme.
Afterall, when they look at one branded post, they expect a certain “experience” on your entire profile.
Everything from colors, styles, fonts, filters and layout of the posts should follow your branding.
Luckily, with the Mojo app, we help you make stunning, branded videos that are fast and easy to produce.
Posting guidelines and content clouds
As with any marketing strategy, make sure you clearly define guidelines about what you will post on your Instagram account.
Give yourself some parameters like these:
- What should be prominent on your feed? Maybe you should have individual product highlights. If you’re a service provider, maybe you want testimonials.
- What should never be on your feed? Obviously, no restricted content, but what is off-brand for you? Maybe you want to avoid ever showing your messy warehouse.
- What content will add more interest? You don’t want to post the same stuff over and over. Add some diversity with behind-the-scenes fun, educational content, testimonials, product comparisons, demos and more. Think of these as “content clouds” where various topics can be included.
- Will you post more than just photos? Words, boomerangs, Reels - oh my! There are so many kinds of content to share. Remember: Reels show up in a separate section, not on your grid. If you’re wondering how to put a Reel in your Feed after it’s posted, all you have to do is hit “Edit” and “Show in Feed.”
Big picture planning
Many businesses try to optimize their Instagram grid by creating multi-post designs.
While they can look pretty cool, the grid is ever-changing - and once you start multi-post grid designs, you’re sort of stuck with them.
Once you start crafting your creative stories and building up your Feed, it’s time to look at the big picture. Ask yourself these questions when you look at your overall grid and individual posts:
- It is clear what my brand offers?
- Do I give people a call-to-action to engage, like or buy?
- Does it tell a piece of my brand story?
- Will this post stand out on the Feed?
- Is it something worth looking at?
- Does this one post make sense with all the others on my grid?
If your individual posts and overall Instagram grid can answer “yes” to all of these questions, you’ve got an awesome Instagram Feed!
4 steps to clean up your Instagram
Before you begin any new posts, do these quick fixes to instantly elevate the look of your Feed.
Step 1 - Write a killer bio
Think of this bio as a headline. What is your main message to your audience?
There are several great ways to write this so that you stand out:
- State your benefit to consumer
- Say something unexpected
- Tell them how you’re different
- Show them the transformation you’ll bring them
- Talk about your mission
- Have a call-to-action
Your Instagram bio should be on-brand and sound like how you want your brand to “speak.”
Step 2 - Filter the accounts you follow
Be mindful of what accounts you are following on your business profile. Get rid of competitor accounts and randoms.
Your followed accounts should reflect your brand’s values. You never know when a customer might click into your list and start browsing.
Step 3 - Block the haters
If you have any troublesome followers, make sure they are blocked from posting on your account. Toxic people are not worth racking up the numbers on your follower list - whatsoever!
Even though honest, critical reviews of your posts or products should be taken into account, they don’t need to be seen on your profile.
Also, watch out for any followers that post spam comments. Block and delete them too.
Step 4 - Delete underperforming posts
If it didn’t perform well - and/or it doesn’t follow the aesthetic you want - delete it. Yes, even if you spent some time creating it.
This cut-and-dry Instagram Feed clean-up is necessary to turn your Instagram Feed into a branded experience that gets likes and conversions.
Soon enough, you’ll know how to use Instagram Stories to engage your followers. You’ll know which types of visual posts work best - all in a way that is uniquely your brand.
What creative story do you want to tell?
Every one of your Instagram Stories and posts should provide a memorable, branded experience that customers will engage with.
If you’re not a great storyteller, that’s okay! To create perfect Instagram Stories and Reels, check out some video magic in the Mojo app!
Looking to upgrade your social content? Subscribe to Mojo Pro today and get started!